Advocacy – Provides information, support, and assists individuals and families in accessing community resources that best meet their needs. Advocates on behalf of clients to ensure adequate provisions of services.
- Domestic Violence and Victim of Crime Advocacy- Trained advocate will do crisis intervention and help navigate the legal system. Advocate will work with clients through out the entire process by providing safety planning, resources for housing or emergent needs, Therapy, support groups and continued case management till safety and security has been accomplished.
- Case Management – Provides comprehensive case planning, information, and linkages with other service providers: medical, housing, legal, DSHS…Case management services are designed to assist clients with meeting multiple needs over a longer period of time.
- Sexual Assault Support & Advocacy – Trained Sexual Assault advocates provide victims with immediate crisis intervention services, safety planning, assistance facilitating the paperwork for a protection order, linkages to emergency shelters, referrals to therapy, and a Spanish language victims’ support group. Call for more information.
- Orientation to the basic laws and systems in place within Pierce County and the state of Washington.
Assistance with Forms and Applications
- Applications for benefits (L&I, disability, insurance, DSHS)
- Section 8 and other housing/rental applications
- School Enrollment
Assistance with Document Translations
- Permission to travel letter with minor children
- Marriage Certficate
- Birth Certificates
- Guardianship Paperwork
- Additional translations as approved
* Notary Public (By appointment only. All clients must provide official proof of identification)
Triple P Group Parenting-
Is an evidenced based program intended for the prevention of social, emotional and behavioral problems in childhood, the prevention of child maltreatment, and the strengthening of parenting and parental confidence. This is a court approved program.
Parents for Prevention-
This 8 week group program helps parents gain confidence in promoting open conversations between them and their children. It helps parents understand and learn how to address challenging behaviors with infants and toddlers, and reduces the likelihood that their children will become victims of sexual violence.
* Childcare is provided.
Along with an ample variety of job applications available from many companies in the King, Pierce and Thurston counties area, these are the main services offered by the Adult Employment & Training Department:
- Resume Preparation
- Cover letter preparation
- Job interview orientation
- Mock Interviews
- Job listings
- Computer use in job search and resume submission
- ESL Classes
- Computer Lab
Come visit or contact us for more information…