Advocacy – Provides information, support, and assists individuals and families in accessing community resources that best meet their needs. Advocates on behalf of clients to ensure adequate provisions of services.
- Case Management – Provides comprehensive case planning, information, and linkages with other service providers: medical, housing, legal, DSHS…Case management services are designed to assist clients with meeting multiple needs in a longer period of time.
- Sexual Assault Support & Advocacy – Trained Sexual Assault advocates provide victims with immediate crisis intervention services, safety planning, assistance facilitating the paperwork for a protection order, linkages to emergency shelters, referrals to therapy, and a Spanish language victims’ support group. Call for more information.
- Orientation to the various laws and systems in place within Pierce County and the state of Washington.
- Assistance filling out forms and applications.
- Translation of birth and marriage certificates from Spanish to English.
- Notary Public (By appointment only. All clients must provide official proof of identification)
- Various letters.
- Parenting classes in Spanish.
- Various classes and activities offered.
Forms and Applications
- Applications for benefits (L&I, disability, insurance, DSHS)
- Section 8 and other housing/rental applications
- School Enrollment
- Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Permission to travel letter with minor children
- Letter to landlord regarding notification to vacate
- Change of address letter
Family Support Partnership
The Family Support Centers are part of a community effort to build strong neighborhoods and healthy families. The Partnership provides in-home support to parents and caregivers of children by highly trained Family Support Workers in order to create the best environment possible for a child to grow socially, emotionally, and behaviorally.
The Family Support Partnership focuses on strengthening child-parent relationships through the implementation of one of two international programs proven to be successful.
Along with an ample variety of job applications available from many companies in the King, Pierce and Thurston counties area, these are the main services offered by the Adult Employment & Training Department:
- Resume Preparation
- Cover letter preparation
- Job interview orientation
- Mock Interviews
- Job listings
- Computer use in job search and resume submission
Come visit or contact us for more information…